Stamford International University
Lecturer - Hospitality (Kitchen Operation - Thai speaking)
APPLY NOW Job ID 31581BR Date posted 05/09/2018 Institution Stamford International University City Rama 9
- To teach hospitality courses and management courses on the International Hotel Management program (Kitchen Operation)
- To conduct learning sessions as per rostered schedule for the term.
- To conduct assessments as per unit requirement. (Any additional progressive assessment at the teacher’s discretion).
- To liaise with Associate Director of International Hotel Management Program regarding students’ progress, attendance patterns and general adherence to the University’s Code of Conduct.
- To assist students with any difficulties relating to subjects as required.
- To manage and liaise between the Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School@Torrens, Australia and Stamford International University regarding student registration into the Diploma Program
- To assist with supervision of examinations as required by the Associate Direct of International Hotel Management.
- To keep up to date professionally of current industry trends and relevant local industry in order to best prepare the students for their industry placement and future employment.
- To assist and participate in other School activities such as events, University’s Open Day, graduation, etc.
- Assume various administrative tasks and responsibilities towards the IHM Program and, as requested by the Head of Department;
- Some weekends and evening duties may be required e.g. when there’s an event or open day or graduation preparation, student recruitment interview panels etc.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree qualification preferably in hotel or tourism hospitality management or related
- Comprehensive knowledge of international tourism hospitality industry;
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in kitchen operation with a restaurant, resorts and/or hotel
- Minimum of one year of facilitation/training, course delivery or other public speaking to groups of all sizes.
- Excellent communication, fluency in English language, both written and spoken, and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines.
- Professionalism in appearance, grooming and attitude is a must;
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills;
- Self-disciplined and also ability to model all the necessary attributes and attitudes of a hotelier to students
- Team player and also ability to demonstrate situation leadership skills.