Manager Academic Advising
APPLY NOW Job ID 49767BR Date posted 10/16/2020 Institution Walden University City Minneapolis
**We are considering candidates in Minneapolis, MN ,Tempe, AZ, and Columbia, MD. This position will be responsible for managing daily operations and workflow of the academic advising team; providing academic advising support to a reduced caseload of students; and, assisting with thedevelopment and execution of student experience strategies that integrate institutional and network best practices to create an engaging and innovative student experience leading to student enthusiasm and persistence.
- Manage daily functions of the academic advising team, including direct supervision of personnel; workflow management; resource planning; quality assurance; evaluating performance and recommending personnel actions; problem resolution; and, motivating employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and training of new employees.
- Assist with coaching, mentoring and professional development of employees.
- Assist in meeting and exceeding student satisfaction.
- Ensure that advisors are on track with retention outreach to help students understand and complete degree requirements; select appropriate course registrations; achieve satisfactory academic progress; and, stay connected to the institution and its community of learners.
- Ensure that advisors are identifying at-risk scenarios and opportunities to develop, implement, measure and improve academic success strategies.
- Ensure compliance with all institutional, state and federal laws, policies and regulations.
- Work collaboratively with faculty, academic leadership, cross-functional groups, and shared services teams to ensure that escalated matters are strategically coordinated and addressed in a timely manner while supporting academic integrity and institutional policies.
- Assist with the development and execution of student experience strategies that are institutionally relevant and consistent with Laureate best practices and signature services and will lead to overall student enthusiasm, persistence.
- Responsible for data collection and analysis leading to improved efficiencies in workflow distribution, streamlined operational processes, and more effective student support
- Ensure documentation of all student experience business processes and consistently evaluate processes, procedures and system relationships to ensure efficiency, scalability and alignment with the mission, vision and core values of the institution and Laureate.
- Assist with development, documentation and promotion of new policies, procedures and curriculum changes.
- Work on assigned committees and teams within the organization.
- Assist with disability services and counseling referrals.
- Assist with management of annual budget.
- Assist with daily advising activities as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years supervisory experience in an academic or service-oriented environment.
- Experienced and comfortable working with matrix organizations and remote leadership structures.
- Demonstrated skill at connecting and building rapport with other service-oriented, technical, and operational teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills required.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with acute attention to details.
- Creative, innovative, able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must work well under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to new and rapidly changing situations.
- Experience in data analysis leading to improved business processes and efficiencies.
- Effectively work with multiple databases and student platforms.
- Some travel required.
Our goal is to have a diverse workforce that is representative of our students and our communities. Laureate is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring based upon merit. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Walden University is required not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational program or activities, and does not do so. This prohibition extends to admissions and employment. For more information on Walden University’s Title IX policy, including the application of Title IX, please click here.