Yes, we're a global network of universities. We're also much more. Every day, our professionals, teachers, students, and alumni touch societies around the world. We change lives. We make a difference. We also know that we're just getting started. At Laureate, today is the beginning of everything.
Or Search By Category
- Academic Advising
- Academic Leadership
- Academic Support
- Communications/ Public Relations
- Enrollment Advising
- Faculty - Full time
- Faculty - Part time
- Graduate Assistants
- Human Resources
- Product Management
- Product/Curriculum Development
- Student Services
- Student Support
APPLY NOW Job ID 46381BR Date posted 12/27/2019 Institution Laureate Education, Inc. City Tegucigalpa
GENERAL SUMMARY/JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for the development and support of different digital initiatives within the LMS IT Group. Assist with software architecture, web design and development from units within the division. In this capacity, the role is responsible for mentoring a group of developers on projects and new initiatives, designing prototypes, developing code, testing projects, and managing these projects from inception through completion.
The position is in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
- Reports to: Product Owner.
- Serve as tech lead within an Agile SCRUM team for web application developments and integration projects as assigned.
- Review code work from developers for accuracy and functionality.
- Develop, test, debug, and document code for custom web-based applications with focus on achieving operational efficiencies and business agility through adaptable, re-usable services, achieving scale, operational efficiencies, and business agility.
- Promote quality within the team through test driven development and continuous integration. Plan, initiate, and conduct unit testing and facilitate system testing and delivery. Review error messages/logs and assist others in debugging.
- Interact extensively in all phases of the web development life cycle, including understanding of and involvement with (internal) customer needs and business strategy.
- Assist in the architecture of web-based applications.
- Potentially take a mentor role on project team, sharing technical and product knowledge with other team members. Assist other Web Developers with development tasks as needed.
- Establish internal industry-standard programming best practices. Share best practices with other team members. Review code for application of best practices.
- Understand system performance and performance metrics and apply best practices to optimize performance for improved scalability and user experience.
- Participate in research, technology/tools evaluation, and proof-of-concept activities.
- Create and contribute to the development of functional and technical specifications.
- Interact with Business and User Experience teams to ensure technology solutions are fully aligned with requirements.
- Work with management, release team members, and software development team members in identifying development and integration approaches and addressing data concerns.
- Stay current on targeted platform functionality and enhancements.
- Build and work with Release team to enhance release automation.
- Research and implement new development and integration techniques and technologies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:The sum of every kind of knowledge, skill and experience, however acquired, that is required for fully competent job performance. The minimum requirements for the job. Types of information include:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related degree, or comparable experience Licenses/Certification required or in progress to perform the job.
- 3+ years of software design and development experience in a software developer team.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, initiative, and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proficient in back-end development in node js frameworks.
- MERN full stack development experience and proficiency.
- Proficient in Java back-end development.
- Experience in front-end development frameworks, such as React, Angular, Vue, etc. preferred.
- Proficient in cloud infrastructure preferred.
- Experience in front-end Java development preferred.
- Agile certification or comparable experience Licenses/Certification preferred.
- Mobile Web Application experience preferred.