Yes, we're a global network of universities. We're also much more. Every day, our professionals, teachers, students, and alumni touch societies around the world. We change lives. We make a difference. We also know that we're just getting started. At Laureate, today is the beginning of everything.
Or Search By Category
- Academic Advising
- Academic Leadership
- Academic Support
- Communications/ Public Relations
- Enrollment Advising
- Faculty - Full time
- Faculty - Part time
- Graduate Assistants
- Human Resources
- Product Management
- Product/Curriculum Development
- Student Services
- Student Support
IT Product Owner
APPLY NOW Job ID 46383BR Date posted 12/27/2019 Institution Laureate Education, Inc. City Tegucigalpa
Part of the LMS Team, will be responsible to execute the Product’s Lifecycle to all the Laureate Institutions in the Network, from conception to launch directly with each Institution and Customer. Through this execution, the Product Owner will interface with various other Product Owners and Business Leaders to continually capture feedback for the product and align across the Digital Business Platforms team and initiatives. While executing the Product’s Lifecycle, important partnerships must be managed, and strong and reliable connections must be sustained, and real outcomes must be delivered to add value to the Laureate Network. The candidate must also manage knowledge and keep track of key trends within the Education and LMS Industry, managing Lean and Agile Methodologies to achieve the Product Vision and Roadmap across all Institutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand Laureate’s business and organizational context within it operates to deliver the best Product, Experience, and expected Value and navigate the political landscape.
- Create and manage a roadmap and forecast towards product adoption and growth.
- Clearly identify key requirements, trends, and opportunities for the Product with a broad client base.
- Understand Customer needs and validate Solutions.
- Gather and analyze data and use it to inform the evolution of Product Roadmap.
- Evidence-based and data-driven decision making and communication.
- Identifies business value through Business Cases at the Product Line Level.
- Lead a team of developers towards the commitments and deliverables agreed on each program increment and backlog.
- Just-in-time User Story Elaboration – refine and distribute work from the backlog and/or on demand generate work and Stories the team may execute with high level of quality.
- Accept User Stories based on the acceptance and success criteria established for each sprint and PI iterations.
- Participate in weekly business and product ceremonies to continually align with the business.
- Continually deploy working software to any Cloud platform part of Laureate’s Amazon AWS & Microsoft Azure.
- Prioritizes User Stories and negotiates Enablers in the Backlog using WSJF.
- Accepts the User Stories as done.
- Create alignment around Vision and actively participate in PI planning.
- Be responsible of a World-class LMS Product across the different Laureate Regions (LATAM, US, ONLINE, EMEAA)
- Ability to architect, develop and manage complex cloud-based product platforms including backend layers and related micro-services, business user dashboards, and consumer-facing features
- Other Duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledgeable of SAFe and Lean-Agile Methodologies.
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following development areas: frontend (HTML/CSS), mobile (Android/iOS), backend (PHP, Java, Python, Node.js), data (SQL), RESTful Web Services, Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Experience managing Software Develop Lifecycle and project.
- 100% Bilingual (English – Spanish)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Project management experience
- International communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Goal Oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Project Management or a related field (preferable).
- Computer Systems Engineer or related field with 5 - 8 years’ experience.
- Software development, engineering, and product background required.