Or Search By Category
Sr Mobile Apps Engineer
APPLY NOW Job ID 51448BR Date posted 03/10/2021 Institution Laureate Education, Inc. City Tegucigalpa
GENERAL SUMMARY/JOB PURPOSE:
SUMADI's software developers deliver world-class software using next-generation technologies to launch new product features or enhance the current experience for our Users.The Senior Mobile Development Engineer will contribute and act as a technical lead as part of the Sumadi AI-Powered Proctoring Product for its mobile applications and features which will be distributed and made available for clients in multiple regions across the globe.
The role will require for a hands-on approach, continually developing and guiding other developers as well as switching to engineering tasks during the analysis, design and implementation of key architecture and experiences for mobile.
- This role reports to Product Owner.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Architect new end-to-end customer experiences that bring innovations to mobile audiences.
- Deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
- Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire mobile shopping team for development.
- Mentor team members to promote engineering excellence.
- Continually "looking around the corner" for the benefit of our customers and investing wholeheartedly in building amazing mobile shopping experiences.
- Develop and deliver products and features on time and on scope.
- Experience with shipping high quality mobile applications
- Customer obsessed with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience building highly scalable, consumer-facing systems.
- Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building with custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance
- Expert in software engineering (process, architecture, algorithms, data structures) and knowledge of Agile Methodologies is a bonus.
- Passion for mobile development. We would love to hear about apps you’ve developed!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience with React Native or other cross-platform mobile development
- Experience in full stack web/mobile application development with a variety of coding languages
- Experience with C/C++, Java and/or Objective C
- Experience with lower-level mobile development, such as the Android NDK
- 5+ years in Software Development with at least 3 years developing multi-threaded mobile applications
- Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
- Experience publishing to major mobile application stores (Google Play Store & Apple’s App Store)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Demonstrated experience and passion for developing exceptional User Experience
- Attested oral and written communication skills with technical and non-technical partners.
- Implement HTML & CSS from , Figma, or Mockups or a UX Design Team & System.
- Experience with Expo.io or ionic is a plus.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Master’s in Computer Science or related is a plus.
- Agile Certification, desired
- Project Management, desired