Yes, we're a global network of universities. We're also much more. Every day, our professionals, teachers, students, and alumni touch societies around the world. We change lives. We make a difference. We also know that we're just getting started. At Laureate, today is the beginning of everything.
Or Search By Category
- Academic Advising
- Academic Leadership
- Academic Support
- Accounts Payable / Receivable
- Business Development
- Business Intelligence / Analytics
- Communications/ Public Relations
- Enrollment Advising
- Faculty - Full time
- Faculty - Part time
- Field Enrollment
- Graduate Assistants
- Human Resources
- Internal Audit
- Product Management
- Student Services
- Student Support
Sr Systems Analyst
APPLY NOW Job ID 40744BR Date posted 05/14/2019 Institution Laureate Education, Inc. City Tegucigalpa
GENERAL SUMMARY:The Cloud Engineer is a member of the IT Operations team in the IT Global Service Management organization and reports to the Sr. Manager UNIX Operations. This individual will be included in all projects that require integration into public and private cloud infrastructure. This individual will also assist in maintaining and monitoring all cloud-based systems. This individual will also contribute to activities around public, private, and hybrid deployments. The ideal candidate will be process driven and have must have a strong attention to detail.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent communication skills and work well in a fast-paced, growing environment. The candidate must be able to support and maintain systems in an enterprise environment. This individual will be someone who can take direction from senior management, but also seek opportunities to improve and stabilize the environment, and implement efficiencies in daily processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Responsibilities will include participation in an "on call" rotation and after-hours availability. Responsibilities include enforcing the IT Operations standards, policies and procedures, setting up and maintaining user accounts and managing access control.
- Responsible for managing Laureate’s Compute environment (Cloud and on-prem)
- Responsible for managing existing and future public cloud infrastructure and platforms
- Assist in developing Laureate’s Cloud strategy for current and future plans
- Assist in architecting the Laureate public and hybrid cloud offering for all internal customers
- Provide guidance to Laureate’s internal Infrastructure, Operations and Architect teams on cloud design, support and functionality
- Assist in determining the placement of existing and future applications within the public cloud
- Responsible for maintaining and protecting current Laureate standards for compute, storage, backups and security
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on cloud-based deployments and future strategies
- Work with product owners and application support teams to develop and implement cloud migration plans
- Develop and implement best practices around security management, availability management, and release management.
- Responsible for ensuring best practices for server configuration, patching and system management
In addition there will be increased activity and responsibilities required to satiate the requirements for implementing security controls. This includes the adherence to policies defined by the Security Engineering team, and the administration and management associated with securing Laureate’s End Points.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years of experience required in the Information Technology field
- At least 3 years of experience managing AWS, Azure or any other Cloud environments
- At least 3 years of experience maintaining Linux or Windows Servers
- At least 3 years of experience maintaining a mission critical enterprise systems
- Experience with cloud monitoring tools and deployment methodologies
- Working knowledge of public and hybrid cloud deployments
- Migration Experience from onprem to cloud, Knowledge on DevOps Model and building the CI/CD for Infrastructure provisioning and application development,Deployment
- Building the PAAS and IAAS in AWS,Azure using CloudFormation(AWS) and AzureResourceManager(Azure
- Ansible tower Experience
- Must have working knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Must possess an understanding of network storage concepts and solutions (SAN and NAS devices).
- Knowledge of VMware’s virtualization topology including VCenter, ESXi Servers, HA, DRS and VMotion.
- A strong understanding of networking is required
- Must possess a working knowledge of the Linux or Windows operating system
- Must possesses a working knowledge of network services and protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP services
- Must possess scripting language skills to include: Python, PowerShell, Bash, JSON and AWS CLI
- Ability to develop strategic technical documentation and written communications relative to field of expertise (policies, process documents, procedural documents and quick reference guides)
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad cross-section of clients
- Project management oriented with ability to lead project planning through implementation
- Detail orientation, and the ability to record, organize, and communicate
- Occasional travel may be required
- Ability to work flexible schedules when required.
- Ability to take direction and guidance from the Security Engineering team
- Ability to multitask and appropriately prioritize duties
- A self-starter who can excel in a team environment of a growing and dynamic enterprise. A nonpolitical team player who can build immediate credibility with all teams
- Ability to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly and efficiently.