Admissions Specialist (Virtual)
APPLY NOW Job ID 51844BR Date posted 04/28/2021 Institution Walden University City Virtual
- Reviews all applications and helps to administer the admissions decisions process as developed and defined by the individual Schools. Special admissions cases and requests for exceptions to policies will be reviewed by the Manager of Admissions, and in ambiguous cases, the Faculty Chair/Dean and/or campus Provost will make the final determination.
- Awards transfer of credit based on standards and guidelines developed by the Schools, and communicates award to students and appropriate administrative offices.
- Provides unofficial assessment of transfer of credit for prospective students.
- Communicates with potential students on admission requirements, policies and procedures, transfer of credit, and related issues.
- Responds to inquiries from students, faculty and internal student service groups.
- Administrates the transcription of transfer awards into the student information system once official evaluations are completed.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must have at least 2 years Higher Ed experience within an Admission, Academic Advising, or Registrar Office.
- Ability to evaluate student transcripts and records
- Skill in the use of computerized systems and databases
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Excellent written communication and oral presentation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work overtime on evenings and/or weekends
Our goal is to have a diverse workforce that is representative of our students and our communities. Laureate is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring based upon merit. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Walden University is required not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational program or activities, and does not do so. This prohibition extends to admissions and employment. For more information on Walden University’s Title IX policy, including the application of Title IX, please click here.