Communications Manager (Virtual)
APPLY NOW Job ID 51827BR Date posted 04/27/2021 Institution Walden University City Virtual
Walden University is looking for a passionate and highly driven Communications Manager with expert writing and strategic communications skills. The Communications Manager will be a will be a creative, outside-the-box thinker who can develop short and long-term strategies and tactics to promote Walden University thought leadership, faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
The Communications Manager will develop engaging and thought-provoking content. This person should be eager to uncover engaging human-interest stories and research to develop content and strategies that help build brand recognition and tell the stories of Walden University and its vibrant community. This position requires someone with expert storytelling skills and extensive writing experience, developing such content as, but not limited to, blog posts, op-eds, contributed articles, PR messaging, press releases, and more. This person should have expert knowledge in AP style and have a deep understanding of engaging content, news, and social media trends.
This person will be responsible for managing an in-depth and highly dynamic content calendar and content tracker, as well as leading strategies, execution, and content development for the university’s blog, Spotlight on Walden. The Communications Manager will also support the team with proactive thought leadership opportunities such as blogging, social media, identifying speaking engagement/award opportunities, events, leveraging and conducting research, etc.
- Create short and long-term strategies and tactics to promote Walden University thought leadership, faculty, staff, students, and alumni
- Draft compelling blog post stories and other content to promote the Walden University community
- Schedule and conduct interviews with subject matter experts
- Manage projects, content calendars, and content trackers to ensure content is publication-ready and meets deadlines
- Draft communications materials, including blog posts, press releases/advisories, media backgrounders and FAQs, contributed articles, and other materials
- Assist with day-to-day management and execution of PR, communications, and content marketing strategies
- Monitor daily news utilizing media monitoring services
- Support social media efforts, including drafting posts and creating proactive opportunities
- Assist with ongoing reporting and analysis for media-related deliverables
- Work collaboratively with the PR team and across departments to develop and ensure activities are aligned with the university’s strategic focus and business priorities
Education and Experience:
- Hold at minimum a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Writing, or a related relevant degree
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant communications experience required
- National magazine and blog writing experience highly desired
- Experience with PR and media relations highly desired
- Outstanding copywriting and editing experience required
- Expert knowledge of AP Style required
- Experience in creating and managing content calendars and written materials, including blogging, news articles, and/or magazine articles
- Must possess strong abilities and expertise in developing, executing, and leading communications strategies and tactics
- Must have strong skills in project management, time management, and developing and facilitating presentations and meetings
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications is a must
- Must be a great listener, collaborator, and influencer
- Possess a high level of enthusiasm and function well in a team-driven and highly dynamic environment
Our goal is to have a diverse workforce that is representative of our students and our communities. Laureate is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring based upon merit. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Walden University is required not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational program or activities, and does not do so. This prohibition extends to admissions and employment. For more information on Walden University’s Title IX policy, including the application of Title IX, please click here.