Healthcare Learning Consultant-Business Development (Virtual)
APPLY NOW Job ID 51659BR Date posted 03/31/2021 Institution Walden University City Virtual
GENERAL SUMMARY:The Healthcare Learning Consultant is a responsible, polished professional who is expected to make an immediate impact on our ability to develop new business opportunities. The incumbent is responsible for identifying potential business opportunities, cultivating those relationships and finalizing common terms and conditions that will benefit the organization while managing/leveraging those relationships for immediate impact and long-term growth. This position will provide leadership and tactical implementation for new business growth initiatives in an assigned geographic market. This individual's efforts will align with the strategic needs of the organization and drive future market growth for our various university and non-university, higher education offerings.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:The key roles and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as an expert representative and professional ambassador of our organization and various LOE institutional program offerings.
- Conducts market and competitor assessment; identifies and evaluates potential business opportunities and partnerships through effective and data-driven territory planning.
- Develops pipeline through proper account management, following all FERPA and other required regulatory compliance standards; recommends structure and terms for business opportunities.
- Responsible for developing strong relationships via cold-calling, face-to-face interactions, phone outreach, professional/social networking and written communication.
- Identify, pursue and develop relationships with public and private corporations, professional and trade associations, governmental agencies, NGOs, etc. that would benefit by having a partnership with our organization.
- Evaluate all business opportunities to ensure viability and value to the organization; ensure business partnership aligns with LOE strategic objectives, profitability and long term mission.
- Utilizing LOE-approved forms of agreement relative to the nature of the relationship. Accurately communicate, secure and maintain approved contract deal terms and conditions.
- Ensure continuous management and maintenance of multiple level relationships within prospective organizations to pursue new business growth opportunities.
- Advocates short-term, long-term and strategic needs within the LOE organization.
- Cooperate with other Laureate staff and/or entities in the region to plan appropriate and strategic development efforts for all Laureate (partner) university degree programs.
- Provide business intelligence back to central marketing department to support identification of additional sales, marketing and new product opportunities.
- Conduct information sessions to small, medium and large group settings as required
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESMay perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Director, Strategic Alliances or Manager Strategic Alliances
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to influence without authority; experience working effectively in a matrixed organization
- Social intelligence – ability to accurately perceive and evaluate social situations in ways that make others feel valued and comfortable so that they enjoy and feel confident in the work they are doing for your project.
- Flexible in adapting to differing working styles, understanding what motivates and inspires fellow team members
- Highly proficient networker, able to develop and retain diverse and extensive networks up, down and across the organization, both Laureate’s and the client’s
- Sincere, forthright and authentic in all dealings
·High level of proficiency with Salesforce.com or comparable CRM platform
·High level of proficiency of Microsoft Windows, Word, PowerPoint; proficient in Excel.
·High level of proficiency with online collaborative presentation tools (livemeeting, gotomeeting, etc.)
·Willingness to travel 50% - 75% of time.
·Fluent in verbal and written English.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
·Minimum requirement of a Bachelor's degree.
·Minimum requirement of 4+ years progressive experience in sales and/or account management
- A proven track record of developing actionable and profitable strategies that drive business growth and brand equity.
- Experience developing partnerships or account management with healthcare organizations
- Travel locally but willing to travel overnight on occasion
- Experience calling on C-Level and other executive
- Territory/Account Planning Experience Required
- Formal Presentation/Sales skills training preferred
- High performer, high achiever, high energy
- Strong team player capable of leading, directing, coaching and supporting peers and colleagues.
To be considered for this position, candidates must be able to provide evidence of their legal right to live and work in the applicable location independent of a potential future affiliation with Laureate.
·Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, often in a remote, virtual workplace.
Candidates must reside in Texas or California for Consideration
Our goal is to have a diverse workforce that is representative of our students and our communities. Laureate is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring based upon merit. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Walden University is required not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational program or activities, and does not do so. This prohibition extends to admissions and employment. For more information on Walden University’s Title IX policy, including the application of Title IX, please click here.