University Supervisor Part Time - Elementary Education-West Lawn, PA
APPLY NOW Job ID 51491BR Date posted 04/06/2021 Institution Walden University City West Lawn
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Communicate Walden University expectations for demonstration teaching to cooperating teachers and school administrators.
· Provide cooperating teachers with an orientation to Walden University and demonstration teaching.
· Conduct a minimum number of on-site, in the field observations:
Ø 3 observations during the 12 week demonstration teaching experience
Ø Additional observations and communications electronically or by telephone with Walden students and/or cooperating teachers may be required when deemed necessary.
· Structure conferences with the candidate and cooperating teacher, and provide oral and written feedback.
· Complete formal evaluations of the teacher candidate throughout the demonstration teaching experience.
· Provide the licensure candidate with opportunities for continued professional growth in his or her ability, including support during the candidate’s completion of the Teacher Performance Assessment.
· Serve as a liaison between the university and demonstration teaching site, offering information and support to cooperating teachers and site administrators as needed.
· Participate in the College of Education's Orientation for University Supervisors.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Faculty members are required to have an adequate computer to handle an electronic learning platform, keyboard, pointing device, and computer monitor. All other tools are knowledge-based or training-based through Walden University. The Faculty Member must be able to use Microsoft Office products (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint), zip software, and Adobe Acrobat and must have reliable Internet access as well as alternate access in cases where primary access becomes unavailable.
· A master's degree is required, of which an applicant must hold either a bachelor's degree or advanced degree in elementary education.
· At least 3 years of teaching experience, of which at least one year is at the age/grade level of the assignment.
· Verified teaching experience at the level and discipline of the supervisory responsibilities.
· Must have or have held a teaching license (can be expired)
· Experience with online technology
· Knowledge, skills, and teaching experiences related to diversity and student exceptionalities.
· Candidate must live within 60 miles of West Lawn, PA.
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION:
Faculty Members must be appropriately credentialed, possess an earned degree in the discipline being taught, and may be expected to be licensed or license-eligible in order to teach in specific programs. Faculty Members must maintain their licenses and any appropriate certifications in order to continue to teach at Walden University. Faculty Members are also expected to maintain currency with research by reviewing articles, journals, and presentations. If participating in research, the Faculty Member may publish and acknowledge Walden University.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
Our goal is to have a diverse workforce that is representative of our students and our communities. Laureate is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring based upon merit. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Walden University is required not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational program or activities, and does not do so. This prohibition extends to admissions and employment. For more information on Walden University’s Title IX policy, including the application of Title IX, please click here.